Wednesday, March 6, 2013

10% of what, now?

Tonight I plan to start something new at the gym. Before I hop into the pool, My BFF, who I sometimes have as gym company suggested that we try lifting some weights. The main gym isn't so much my favorite place to be. It's typically full of successfully fit folks who make me uncomfortable for all of the obvious reasons. Rain mentioned that lifting weights has something to do with getting your metabolism going and then you get into the pool for cardio. The question I'd prefer to ask is "Are there any roomy closets around that I can drag a few of those weights into?" I'll see what this is about, but what I'd really like to do is keep my New Years Resolution of taking a weekly class (yoga or zumba)at the Boston Sports Club. They come with the membership for pete's sake!

The general point is that I have to step it up. The gal who schedules all of the appointments mentioned that they require patients to lose 10% of their body weight before surgery. !0% is not a large number, unless you're taking it out of another, ahem, larger number. Wait... did you miss the point where I've been struggling for more than a year to result in a gain? This is not going to be easy. Not that anything in the process should be.. but how-the-hell am I going to do this? If lifting weights before the pool is the answer, I will be very pleased. It also seems like maybe I should start biking TO the gym? That road is a little bit of a biker's deathtrap, and I'm starting to regret just a little bit that I chose a shiny, red, one-speed Schwinn Cruiser instead of the more conventional and practical mountain bike.

My first non-Hillary nutritionist appointment is tomorrow. That'll make 3 days in a row that I've been at Tufts. Many more appointments to go too..

No comments:

Post a Comment